Wisdom and Knowledge is supreme!

"Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I may not forget you." William Arthur

My Photo
Name:
Location: Panabo City, Davao Del Norte, Philippines

Hi! My name is Moises ( A.K.A. Moses) P. Reconalla. I graduated my Bachelors degree in History, Minor in Political Science from Adventist University of the Philippines. I hold a master's degree in teaching and education in Guidance & Counseling from Cor Jesu College. I am a teacher and Guidance Counselor by Profession. I created this blog just to share my thoughts about the goodness of my Loving God in my life. "Live full, Die empty!"

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Becoming Passionate About Your Life

Living a life that you are passionate about, opens up a world of joy, fulfillment and abundance. It is one of the greatest life experiences. According to the American Heritage Dictionary, passion is defined as "boundless enthusiasm".

Imagine waking up every day eagerly looking forward to life? When we love the life we live and are using our gifts, we are then operating at our fullest potential. We are contributing something unique and special to the world.

Living out our passion is living our life's purpose. When we are on purpose, we are no longer restless, unhappy or searching for something more to feel complete. Our passion is our purpose and it is from there we can create and live our best life.

Passions nuture and feed the soul. In order to find our passions, we have to first rediscover our selves. The expectations of others coupled with the hectic pace of life and our own emotional baggage, often overshadow the essence of who we are as individuals. By reconnecting with our inner selves, we can begin to reclaim forgotten dreams, goals and even create some new ones.
How can you begin to eagerly look forward to life? What is it that you are passionate about? What excites you? These are just a few questions to help you discover your passions. Below are some additional questions, take your time and think about your answers.

Jot them down in a journal, notebook or on a piece of paper. Stretch your imagination;go deep inside to discover your answers. Write what your heart says is true and do not feel your responses are unrealistic or that others may not approve. The goal of these questions is to get you to start thinking about your life.
What are your hobbies or talents?

If there were no obstacles in your way, what type of life would you envision living and why?
What are some forgotten childhood dreams?
What do you think has been the biggest obstacle that has stopped you from living up to your fullest potential?

How can that obstacle challenge you to move you from where you are to where you want to be?
What would you not change about your life?
What type of feeling do you want to experience on a daily basis?
What is one thing you can do today to connect with your passion?

(c)2001 Tara Pray

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home